Let’s start with the basics, YouTube is a fully owned subsidiary of the web search giant Google. It was acquired by Google in 2006 for a whopping 1.65 billion dollar. It is primarily a video sharing website that generates its revenues by playing an advertisement before a video.
One needs to have YouTube PVA accounts to upload videos that are seen by both registered and unregistered users. The feature and services offered by YouTube have turned it into more than a video sharing website. These include the following
- A comment section- It allows the viewers to discuss the videos. It also incorporates a ranking system to minimize the presence of junk comments.
- The videos can be captioned by using various editing tools offered by YouTube. You can also add subtitles to cater to a wider audience
- There’s a notification feature that allows the content developers operating YouTube channels to notify their subscribers/fans whenever new content is uploaded.
- Features like 360-degree videos, Live events enrich the user experience.
- Subscription feeds allow the Uploader to analyze and view the viewer engagements
- Fan Finder allows you to submit short advertisements known as Channel Ads to promote your channel content and brand that’s aired by YouTube to attract people to your channel and videos
- YouTube allows the Uploader to embed a link to your website and a suggestive call to action in your videos. This can also be done with the Video description.
- Cards such as channel cards allow you to promote your content and connect with other channels to retain and expand the viewer base.